Some people find it difficult to swallow larger pills. We have collected some tips to make it easier to do so.
- Drink some water before taking the capsules in order to moisturize your throat.
- Be mindful of how much water you take with the pills themselves. If you take an amount of water that's difficult to swallow on it's own, it's going to make it hard to swallow the pills as well.
- Try tilting your head downwards while you swallow. This works best with capsule style pills. Specifically:
- Put a capsule on your tongue.
- Take a sip of water but don’t swallow.
- Tilt your chin toward your chest.
- Swallow the capsule and water while your head is bent
This technique was explored in a study published in the Annals of Family Medicine which found an 89% increase in improvements over normal pill swallowing style.¹
- Try it for a few days. We've found that after a few days many people quickly adjust to larger pills and can often swallow all the pills in a pack at once.
- Of course, if you find the pills too large, ask for smaller versions and we will try to provide them to you. Please note this would mean taking a few more pills in order to obtain the right dosage. You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or (+49) 30 35 51 73 00.
Different solutions work for different people. Try them out and let us know what works for you.